Tuesday, November 24, 2009

EVALUATION OF SUGAR PART ONE: WHAT WE DID

1)Rate each of the following out of 5:
Guest speaker: Rosemary about Timor Leste 4/5
Guest speak: Joel about the xo 4/5
Physics 4/5
SVG icon and Linux command line 3/5
Turtle Art 3/5
Other activity evaluation 5/5
Etoys 2/5
Scratch 4/5

2)Now write about
Three things that you learnt: Three things I learnt were how to create my own svg icon using html kit and then use terminal to upload it to sugar, taking notes while a guest is giving a talk and then use my notes to write a blog about the talk and creating variable shapes using turtle art.

Three things that you enjoyed:
Three things that you didn’t like: Three things that I didn’t like were making shapes on Turtle art, using terminal on sugar to upload svg image, I think they should make it more simpler to use and the scripts on Etoys because I was always deleting my scripts by accident and no being able to restore them I had to start again.

3)State which was the following with reasons:

Best, the best activity was Physics because it was easy to learn how to use and there where many fun things to do on there.

Worst, Turtle art was the worst activity because I didn’t really enjoy the math’s and angles aspect of turtle art and found it really difficult to operate.

Most interesting, the most interesting activity was the food force 2 activity which I download from the internet. I found it interesting because I was able to learn to learn information about world hunger while having fun playing the game.

Most difficult, Turtle art was the most difficult activity because unless I asked for help I really didn’t know what to do. I think a manual should be included with turtle art so it would be easier to operate


4)XO
Is the xo or olpc a good idea for the children of the developing world? State your opinion and give reasons:
I think the xo is a good idea and great learning tool for the children of developing world because it is simple to use, compact and cheap to manufacture the only real problem with the xo is the sugar os which is loaded on it. Sugar os has many bugs in it that can ruin experience of using the xo otherwise its great.

No comments:

Post a Comment